Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
GenDev
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

"Last Checkpoint Size" - There's no checkpoint

Post by GenDev »

On a Hyper-V VM, I created a checkpoint prior to doing an update. Once the update was done, I manually removed the checkpoint. Now, VeeamOne is giving me a "Last Checkpoint Size" error. I resolve the alarm and it immediately comes back. Any ideas?

EDIT: Seems like it has gone away after clearing the event logs for Hyper-V-VMMS > Admin and Hyper-V-VMMS > Operational.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: "Last Checkpoint Size" - There's no checkpoint

Post by wishr »

Hi GenDev,

Looks suspicious. We'll try to reproduce this scenario.

Thanks
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Hi again,

We've not been able to reproduce this behavior using VONE v11, so I would recommend opening a support ticket next time it happens again.

Also, could you please specify what VONE version you are using and how much time passed between the checkpoint removal and manual alarm resolution? We suspect that the data about the recently removed snapshot had not been yet collected at the time when you were resolving the alarm.

Thanks
GenDev
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by GenDev »

We are using v11.0.0.1379.

It wasn't much time at all. Just a few minutes. So, I think you may be right, I was just being impatient. I thought refreshing the VM (right click VM > Refresh) would've cleared it out but I think I was wrong.
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Hello,

Thanks for the information. If it happens again, could you please raise a support case - we'll take a look at the details.

Yes, refresh is not supposed to be having an impact on data collection - it just refreshes the UI based on the data currently stored in the VONE database.

Thanks