Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
bkain1
Expert
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Becki Kain

list of alarms which do not work

Post by bkain1 »

I asked for more explicit emails, from the alarm of "Recovery activity", to list, in the alert, the restore point, the user trying the restore, and what they were trying to restore to (this is not in the alarm, out of the box) (case 04676255). I was told by the support person that the recovery alert does not work as intended and not to use it. Is there a list of other alarms, in version 10 and version 11, which do not work, as intended so I don't enable them?

thanks

Becki Kain
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: list of alarms which do not work

Post by wishr »

Hi Becki,

This statement by our engineer is indeed incorrect. All product features including all alarms should work with no exceptions unless the opposite is mentioned in the Known Issues section of the corresponding Release Notes document. Some alarms may be disabled by default to not cause excessive alarm noise when you first installed the product and you may enable them manually if required.

Regarding your feature request, I've made a note for future versions. Please, keep posting your feature requests here, on the R&D forums - this way we (product management team and the rest of R&D) will be 100% aware of them and will have a chance to ask questions on these requests to make sure future product versions fully fit your needs. It would also help us to track the demand of the feature requests.

Also, I've fully reviewed your support case (thanks for sharing it!) and passed some feedback to our technical support management to make sure such requests will be appropriately handled in the future.

Thanks
bkain1
Expert
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Becki Kain

Post by bkain1 »

Thank you. I was unclear this was a feature request vs a break / fix since I'm new to V1 and alarms.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

No worries, you are welcome to ask.