Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
DarrenToews
Influencer
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Darren Toews

Migration from Veeam MP to Veeam ONE?

Post by DarrenToews »

Hi all,

Currently we're a Veeam MP for SCOM shop, but we're considering moving from MP to Veeam ONE. I know the two products are very similar, but there are some difference between them that makes us prefer Veeam One. We like the interface better, and there are several reports in Veeam ONE that we want (for example, the ChargeBack report) that are not available in the MP.

My question is, is there a migration path that we can follow? Can we import the data from MP into Veeam One so that we keep our historical data?

Thanks guys!
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Migration from Veeam MP to Veeam ONE?

Post by nielsengelen »

Hi Darren,

This is unfortunately not possible. They architecture behind the 2 products is different making this too complex.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Darren, is it the historical data that you care about or the MP configuration (alarm thresholds etc)? Are you using vSphere or Hyper-V?
DarrenToews
Influencer
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Darren Toews

Post by DarrenToews »

Hi Vitaliy,

We're using VMWare and it's the historical performance data of the various clusters, storage and VMs that I'd like to import into VeeamONE. It would be useful for report generation if we could still go back a few months instead of waiting to generate new data.

Understand that the products are different, so I understand if it is not possible to do so.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Darren, Veeam ONE is capable of importing part performance data (historical) from the vCenter Server, so it might be a way out for you. We have a KB for previous versions of Veeam ONE to change the period which you would like to import performance data for. Not sure it applies to the recent version, but it might do the trick as well.