Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
jmm
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: JMM

[feature request] No link to the "VM Guest Disk SPACE Usage

Post by jmm »

In VEEAM ONE version 9 :
(https://helpcenter.veeam.com/one/report ... rview.html)
We find under / VMware Overiew Report Pack : Guest Disk SPACE Usage.

In VEEAM ONE version 9.5 :
(https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/r ... tml?ver=95)
We find no more that report under / VMware Overiew Report Pack !

So we have to use the report "Guest Disk Free Space/ go to page 2 of the report / find our VM (if neither...) and next click on the VM name to finally get per VM "Guest Disk SPACE Usage."

It will be more convenient to have this report directly inside VEEAM report console : I identify my VM, right click on it : "Reports"/VM/ -> "VM Guest Disk SPACE Usage "
But in place of that the only report we can click on is " Guest Disk Free Space" --> that report is per "infrastructure" view not per VM ....
jmm
Influencer

Re: [feature request] No link to the "VM Guest Disk SPACE Us

Post by jmm »

ERRATUM : sorry i was thinking of right click by VM in "VEEAM Monitor" and not Veeam report (it will be cool to have this report by VM filter in Veeam report too)"
jmm wrote:In VEEAM ONE version 9 :
It will be more convenient to have this report directly inside VEEAM monitor console : I identify my VM, right click on it : "Reports"/VM/ -> "VM Guest Disk SPACE Usage "
But in place of that the only report we can click on is " Guest Disk Free Space" --> that report is per "infrastructure" view not per VM ....
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi JMM,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, the "Guest Disk SPACE Usage" report was merged into "Guest Disk Free Space", since both reports provided the same info. The second report should already be available via Monitor Client (if not, then this is a bug), without report filtering though... If you need disk space usage on demand (just for 1 VM), why not to use VM summary tab for that?

Thanks!
jmm
Influencer

Post by jmm »

Hi Vitaliy,
Our interest in the "veeam one 9.5 Guest Disk SPACE Usage" is the graph where you can read a VM guest disk grow on one Month or one Week. (it is a key indicator in our others monitors tools ... )
We use VM summary, it is ok for quick information, but we are interested in the history of the guest disk grow cause we could relay it to an application or a bad user behavior ... and others problems for fine tuning of disk provisioning ...

Furthermore, I think i may have a problem in "Reports" right clic / menu in VEEAM monitor. It is possible to regenerate that's menu ?
Thanks !
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi JMM,
We will consider your request to decrease number of clicks to achieve the graphs.
By the way, try custom performance report where you can get the guest disk space data.
Furthermore, I think i may have a problem in "Reports" right clic / menu in VEEAM monitor. It is possible to regenerate that's menu ?
Not sure I`ve got what you mean. You just right-click on an object in tree and choose a report to generate for this object. No menu regeneration is required.
Thanks!
jmm
Influencer

Post by jmm »

Hi Shestakov, i had tried custom performance but there is no metrics on "guest disk space data" the information is only avaiable per "datastore" not "guest disk"
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

I`ve double-checked and indeed the metric was removed in the latest release build due to related bug. Sorry for the misleading.
We are going to add it back in the next update.
jmm
Influencer

Post by jmm »

Thank you for the Feedback ! We need that's metric and it will be a good thing to add it to the next release.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

If no emergency happens, it will be in the upcoming update.
Thanks!