Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
bkain1
Expert
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Becki Kain

Personalized email from each VBR?

Post by bkain1 »

I saw there was a post about personalized email per vcenter and that it was coming in version 10. I have 10a V1 and VBR's and I'd like to see if I can send emails from VeeamOne, only on backup job failure, from only one VBR, to one set of people. So far, I've been sending all emails to myself, from VeeamOne, on everything, just to see what is out of the box. Is this possible? TIA
bkain1
Expert

Re: Personalized email from each VBR?

Post by bkain1 »

I got an answer on this but is there a way to send out only say, the fifth email about a failed backup, not all? I see the schedule (time of day) suppression box, in V1, but I'm not seeing "sending out only once an hour, no matter how many of these you get". is there a way to do that? thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Becki,
bkain1 wrote:I have 10a V1 and VBR's, and I'd like to see if I can send emails from VeeamOne, only on backup job failure, from only one VBR, to one set of people. So far, I've been sending all emails to myself, from VeeamOne, on everything, just to see what is out of the box. Is this possible? TIA
Yes, you can copy the existing alarm about job failures, specify the required recipients and then assign this alarm to a particular backup server.

bkain1 wrote:I got an answer on this but is there a way to send out only say, the fifth email about a failed backup, not all?
What is the use case behind this? You want to allow 5 consequent job failures and only then react?

bkain1 wrote:I see the schedule (time of day) suppression box, in V1, but I'm not seeing "sending out only once an hour, no matter how many of these you get". is there a way to do that? thanks
No, that's not possible.

Thanks!
bkain1
Expert

Post by bkain1 »

yes, thanks, I want the same failure to happen some X amount of times, without a resolution, before an email is sent out. Is that possible? thanks
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Bkain1,

Could you please clarify what you consider a failure? How it corresponds with the job retry attempts?

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Becki,

That's not possible, however, you can leverage the built-in VBR capabilities, where are there are retries for a job. Once all retries fail, the entire job also fails. Veeam ONE will not alert on retries in this scenario.

Thanks!