Since v6.5 upgrade "Host hardware sensor status changed"

Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V

Re: Since v6.5 upgrade "Host hardware sensor status changed"

Veeam Logoby rimvydukas » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:23 am

Hi,

I've updated my vcenter infrastructure to patch 1 today. And all of our servers started to show "Host hardware status changed" warnings:( All our servers are Proliant DL380 ones.
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Liked: 5 times

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:30 am

Hello,

What does vSphere Client show for the hardware sensors in question?

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby rimvydukas » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:38 am

Client shows the same as other users clients were showing. I have warnings only with Proc cache sensors. Read policy shows Unknown:/
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 am

Then you need to disable these sensors on the Hardware Tab in Monitor client if you do not want to receive these warning messages any longer.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby rimvydukas » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:43 am

Yes, I did that already:) Can you explain why were there no errors prior this patch?
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:07 am

If this was caused by ESX(i) host update, then most likely this status had different status prior installing the patch and that is why you didn't receive any notifications.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby rimvydukas » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:30 am

I've updated only Veeam One and not the ESXi servers,
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 am

Oh, but initially you said the opposite ;) Anyway, we have re-configured this rule to fire alarms for unknown state of the sensors, because if sensor has this state, this definitely should be investigated. You can always revert to the previous behavior by removing trigger for "unknown" state in the alarm configuration. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby rimvydukas » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Vitaly,

I'm sorry for my unclear first post:( I wanted to say that I've updated Veeam One to patch 1 and started to experience such behaviour. So I've suppressed all alarms for all of unknown sensors. But it seems that I still have problems. Sensors about proc level cache appeared as unchecked after some time on several ESXi servers so I have status warnings again. I checked to suppress alarms one more time and after some time the same situation - sensors got unchecked on some servers:/
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Can you please let our technical team take a look at your configuration to verify that everything is suppressed correctly? You may also remove this rule from the alarm configuration (via Alarm Management) to revert to prior patch 1 behavior.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby rimvydukas » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:40 am

Hi,

I checked the following checkboxes and now these checkboxes got unchecked again.

And I noticed one more thing - one time when checkboxes are unchecked I can see sensors as Proc1, unknown cache sensor, unknown cache sensor, unknown cache sensor, Proc2, unknown cache sensor, unknown cache sensor, unknown cache sensor and other time I can see these sensors as Proc1, Proc2, unknown cache sensor, unknown cache sensor, unknown cache sensor, unknown cache sensor, unknown cache sensor, unknown cache sensor.

Maybe because of that they get unchecked???
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Hello,

I doubt that. If you select to suppress alarms, these checkboxes should stay unchecked no matter what happens. Can you please open a support case on this issue?

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby rimvydukas » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:00 am

Ok, I opened the case. But I noted one more thing today.

I've got an e-mail today from Veeam monitoring that on one esxi server problem with unknown sensors was resolved. I went to monitoring console, checked processor sensors and saw that there were no unknown cache sensors at all, neither checked, nor unchecked. I've got another warning from the same esxi server after some time about unknown sensors. Whent to console, checked processor sensors and saw that all unknown cache sensors are there and all of them are unchecked. So I started to suspect the following thing - I supress alarms for these sensors, esxi server comes to normal state. These sensors disappear after some time - esxi is still in ok state. Sensors appear again and veeam thinks that there are new sensors appeared and throws warning. What do you think?
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:45 am

Hmm...sensors cannot just disappear and then show up again. I wonder whether it is related to collection jobs or ESXi server itself. Do you see the same behavior for all hosts? Our debug logs will definitely point out the problem. Can you please tell me your ticket number?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby rimvydukas » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:57 am

Maybe its strange for you, but I saw this with my eyes:) As for now I can see warnings only on ESXi servers which are in HA clusters (sensors appearing as unchecked). My ticked is 00258726. I was offered to disable specific monitoring rule at all, but I want to be able supress alerts for unknown sensors and not disable this rule.
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Veeam ONE