Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
BradI
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Brad Isaac

Sockets Exceeded Emails driving me crazy

Post by BradI »

My client purchased Veeam Business Essentials Enterprise to monitor 2 Hosts with 2 sockets each. Our purchase was for 4 sockets in all. There is a 3rd host only running vCenter and VeeamBackup. I do not need to monitor that host or those VMs. I have followed https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/d ... tml?ver=95 to remove that host multiple times. Yet overnight, I am getting repeated “Sockets exceeded” messages. Is it because VeeamBackup is on that unmonitored Host?

What needs to be done to fix this?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Sockets Exceeded Emails driving me crazy

Post by Shestakov »

How many sockets Veeam Backup Server is managing? Do you have only one backup server under Protection View in Veeam ONE?
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

How does you rule look like? Do you see this host as excluded in the Infrastructure Tree of Veeam ONE Monitor?
BradI
Novice

Post by BradI »

Shestakov wrote:How many sockets Veeam Backup Server is managing? Do you have only one backup server under Protection View in Veeam ONE?
Thanks!
We have a license for 4 sockets. The two hosts I want to monitor have 2 sockets each. So we have 4 sockets.
BradI
Novice

Post by BradI »

Vitaliy S. wrote:How does you rule look like? Do you see this host as excluded in the Infrastructure Tree of Veeam ONE Monitor?
Yes, but today I was digging around and found a local datastore on the host I do not want to monitor with a check mark to be monitored. Could that be causing it the sockets Exceeded messages? I unchecked that datastore and saved the rule again. Then I added an exclude rule where I picked the Host and datastore I do not want monitored and set it for unmonitored. Think that will do it?

Oddly, I only get this messages in the middle of the night while backups are taking place, even though I have it set to suppress alarms during backup intervals.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Datastores monitoring should not influence the license usage, it`s all about hosts. Looks like you are doing everything correct, so I would suggest to contact Veeam support.
Let us know your support case number once you get it.
Thanks!