topology collection failure - every 30 minutes

Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V

topology collection failure - every 30 minutes

Veeam Logoby jlehtinen » Thu May 21, 2015 8:28 pm

I added an ESXi 5.1 host to our Veeam One Free v7 instance. No issues or errors adding it in.

However, since adding it, every 30 minutes I get a "topology collection failure", and "events data collection failure" error from this host. These errors immediately reset to resolved. I can refresh the server view, view stats/metrics with no problems.

Any ideas what's up here? I have other ESXi hosts running the same exact build and I don't see this problem. One difference is this particular host has no local disk (boots off USB). I'm wondering if there's some sort of time-out or issue related to that.
jlehtinen
Enthusiast

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Lehtinen

Re: topology collection failure - every 30 minutes

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu May 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi John,

What about events? Can you please check that even & tasks tab does have some data without any gaps?

P.S. Any reason you're still using version 7 and not our latest release?

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1104 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby jlehtinen » Thu May 21, 2015 9:53 pm

Interesting.

In Tasks and Events for this host, I see 2 errors every 30 minutes about the data collection and topology collection failure with details: "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel". Then exactly 1 minute later there are 2 events saying that topology and data collection succeeded.

In regards to your question, no reason for not using v8. Do you think it would resolve this issue?
jlehtinen
Enthusiast

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Lehtinen

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri May 22, 2015 11:43 am

Not sure, seems like this issue can only be confirmed for this host. Do you see any error messages in ESXi host itself? You can check that via tasks & events tab?

As to upgrading to v8, then it has a re-designed UI and more functionality (alarms, reports) for monitoring virtual and backup infrastructures, so I would upgrade if I were you.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1104 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Veeam ONE