Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
Post Reply
Marc.H
Enthusiast
Posts: 50
Liked: 6 times
Joined: May 23, 2012 7:51 am
Full Name: Marc Holbe
Contact:

Upgrade Veeam One from 7.0 to 7.0R2a database disconnected

Post by Marc.H » Jan 08, 2014 8:14 am

Hi,

I upgrade Veeam One from 7.0 to 7.0R2a today and since that the Veeam Monitor Client states the database is disconnected.

Nothing on the DB has changed.

Any hint?

Regards
Marc

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager
Posts: 22127
Liked: 1382 times
Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Contact:

Re: Upgrade Veeam One from 7.0 to 7.0R2a database disconnect

Post by Vitaliy S. » Jan 08, 2014 8:21 am

Hi Marc,

Are you able to connect to the database using SQL Management Studio and the service account you've specified during setup?

Thanks!

Marc.H
Enthusiast
Posts: 50
Liked: 6 times
Joined: May 23, 2012 7:51 am
Full Name: Marc Holbe
Contact:

Re: Upgrade Veeam One from 7.0 to 7.0R2a database disconnect

Post by Marc.H » Jan 08, 2014 8:25 am

Hi Vitaly,

first of all the version 7.0 was working fine. The problem occurred after the update.
When I start the Veeam One Config Tool and do a test on the database connection it says all fine.

Regards
Marc

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager
Posts: 22127
Liked: 1382 times
Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Contact:

Re: Upgrade Veeam One from 7.0 to 7.0R2a database disconnect

Post by Vitaliy S. » Jan 08, 2014 8:29 am

In this case I would suggest reviewing connection debug log with our support team, as there could be various reasons for the connection problem.

mikegmi
Novice
Posts: 8
Liked: 1 time
Joined: Nov 05, 2012 8:01 pm
Full Name: Mike Bordignon
Contact:

Re: Upgrade Veeam One from 7.0 to 7.0R2a database disconnect

Post by mikegmi » Jul 01, 2014 3:51 am

I'm having the same problem after an upgrade from both 6.0 to 7.0 R2, and 7.0 to 7.0 R2. About to log a support case.

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager
Posts: 22127
Liked: 1382 times
Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Contact:

Re: Upgrade Veeam One from 7.0 to 7.0R2a database disconnect

Post by Vitaliy S. » Jul 01, 2014 9:10 am

Please post your case ID for future reference. Thanks!

mikegmi
Novice
Posts: 8
Liked: 1 time
Joined: Nov 05, 2012 8:01 pm
Full Name: Mike Bordignon
Contact:

Re: Upgrade Veeam One from 7.0 to 7.0R2a database disconnect

Post by mikegmi » Jul 01, 2014 9:52 pm 1 person likes this post

The case ID is 00593600. This was occurring on both of our VeeamONE servers (two datacentres). I managed to fix the issue by;

- Reinstalling (upgrading) 7.0 R1. For some reason the upgrade wizard said the Web component was still on v6.0.
- Re-ran the patch to 7.0 R2.

After this the database magically started working! Prior to this, after doing a bit of Googling it seems I was supposed to run a utility under c:\Program Files\Common Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE Settings to check the database connection. I checked but couldn't for the life of me find the utility, called VeeamOneSettings.exe. The folder was there but no exe or files were contained within it. Strangely, after re-running both the upgrade to 7.0 and the patch to R2, the utility has now mysteriously appeared.

TL;DR, Reinstall.

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager
Posts: 22127
Liked: 1382 times
Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Contact:

Re: Upgrade Veeam One from 7.0 to 7.0R2a database disconnect

Post by Vitaliy S. » Jul 02, 2014 9:27 am

Mike, that's strange that not all components were present in the Veeam folder. Thanks for updating the thread.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests