Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
bkain1
Expert
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Becki Kain

V1 alert for VBR SQL backend failure

Post by bkain1 »

Case ID 04581203. Our SQL HA pair backend for a VBR did not have the database replicated so when it lost the backend, it created a new database and lost it's configuration. I asked if there was an alert in V1 to notify when a VBR loses it's SQL connection and i guess there isn't one, out of the box. Have people written custom alerts (I'm just starting with Veeam, in general) to alert on issues with the VBR and it's SQL?

thanks in advance
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: V1 alert for VBR SQL backend failure

Post by wishr »

Hi Becki,

First, you should always have configuration backup enabled and running frequently on the VBR database. This will help you to recover the database in case of backend failures, and, if a real disaster strikes, you'll be able to spin up a VBR server on almost any machine and start recovering your applications and services.

Speaking about the direct alerting on VBR database failures, currently, we have no such alerts in place, however, if VBR database is virtualized you may point VONE to monitor any service inside of the VM to have some basic database monitoring in place.

Hope it helps. Thanks.
bkain1
Expert
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Becki Kain

Post by bkain1 »

I'm sorry, I don't understand. You're saying I can have VONE monitor processes in the SQL VM backend?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Correct, please take a look here. Alternatively, you may rely on the events-based triggers or VM state triggers, so there is a variety of options.