Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
richard75
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Morris

VAC

Post by richard75 »

Hello Everyone,

what is the best tool in the Veeam stack for providing a Customer a easy method of viewing job status, the challenge is, the Customer has a local VBR server, which then sends copy jobs to the cloud target, however they have 65 jobs daily on average, so that could be dailies, copy dailies, weeklies, copy weeklies, etc. it is a lot to view in one pane of glass, further to which, missed jobs if it happens don't report. From a business risk view, there are high risk servers, i.e. financial and ERP which would carry a high risk, and need to be top of the list, and checked first, i.e. success, but also volume, time etc. to ensure consistency, much like fuel burn on an aircraft, if above average but payload average, could be a problem.

VAC is installed, but not sure if that is the right tool, what we found is exporting all current job statuses to Excel and managing like that is quite effective, but it's not ideal as it's another step etc. Ideally a high level view of risk profile, i.e. if a job is outside of a daily protection on either local copy or remote copy etc. Month end and weekly jobs are also difficult to check among other daily jobs happening at the same time.

Probably not a right or wrong answer, but what's effective and note.

Thx in advance.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: VAC

Post by wishr »

Hello Richard,

Welcome to Veeam Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I'd suggest Veeam MP if the customer owns Microsoft System Center Operations Manager or Veeam ONE (part of Veeam Availability Suite) if they do not. Both products comply with the requirements you mentioned.

Thanks