lneuhoff
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Len Neuhoff

VEEAM 10a polling VSAN too much

Post by lneuhoff »

Hi Team

We had a VSAN outage on our VxRail Vmware 6.5 Cluster

Based off of VMware's reports they are seeing VEEAM polling too much and is causing services to lock up.
From other cases I have had with the same issue: the problem is the combination of VEEAM and VxRail polling of these services.
It appears that the issue with vsanmgmtd is being caused by a copious amount of queries against cmmds by VeeamOne

Veeam support ticket have been raised but in the meantime some mentioned that he had seen an Veeam internal KB on tuning for this issue but it may be public now (have checked an it haven't been published)

We have tried to find it but have not yet succeeded in locating it, but I'm sure the VEEAM tech you get should know where to get it at.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Cheers
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: VEEAM 10a polling VSAN too much

Post by Gostev »

Hello,

Please include support case ID issue, as requested when you click New Topic.

Also, you said it's a Veeam ONE issue, but posted this in a Veeam Backup & Replication forum? I'm moving this topic to the Veeam ONE forum.

Thanks!
lneuhoff
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Len Neuhoff

Post by lneuhoff »

Case number (04425430 ) and what Vmware support have send back to use

So not 100% its VeeamOne causing the issue

Based off of VMware's dump reports they are seeing VEEAM polling too much and is causing services to lock up.
From other cases we have had with the same issue: the problem is the combination of VEEAM and VxRail polling of these services.
Last time we dealt with this they had some internal KB on tuning for this issue but it may be public now.
We have tried to find it but have not yet succeeded in locating it, but I'm sure the VEEAM tech you get should know where to get it at.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Len,

Please work with our support engineers directly to get it resolved. I'm keeping an eye on the case.

Thanks