Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
davegold
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dave Gold

Re: Veeam ONE Alert - Performance data collection failure

Post by davegold »

Any updates on this issue?
Specifically, any report on the cause and a workaround/hotfix that would allow historical data to be imported?

Thanks,

Dave
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Dave, please take a look at this existing topic for more info > Veeam One v9 does't collect historical data from vcenter
joejoe
Novice
Liked: never

[MERGED] tasks/sessions getting stuck

Post by joejoe »

I'm running veeam one free and I'm having problems with the object properties collection task as shown in the reporter web page. Basically it seems to get stuck and never finishes and all subsequent runs after that refuse to run. I had this problem before but with running out of disk space for the DB figured it was caused by that but after rebuilding the server (uninstalled veeam, removed DB and started over) the problem is there again.

At the tail end of the object properties collection task I see this:

Code: Select all

11/27/2017 8:31:34 AM [info]: Setting custom attributes is disabled.
11/27/2017 10:43:01 AM [info]: Updating aggregated properties
11/27/2017 3:00:05 PM [error]: Server collection session has timed out
11/27/2017 3:37:17 PM [info]: Failed to save the collected object properties.Thread was being aborted
and little little icon is just spinning like it's still running. The next 2 runs are stuck waiting for this one and nothing after that.

I also see a data administration session that started and it took and hasn't run since (but the little spinning icon seems to indicate it's still running):

Code: Select all

11/25/2017 10:00:03 PM [info]: Applying historical data retention policy...
11/25/2017 11:40:04 PM [error]: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
Maybe my VM running Veeam one is a little underpowered (i'm not monitoring anything critical, just wanted to have a little more info over and above what vcenter gives) but would that be enough to cause things to fail and failing and get stuck? I've rebooted the vm but it doesn't help.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
it`s hard to tell without the log review, so I would suggest to contact Veeam support. They work will all license types.
Once you do, please provide your case number.
Thanks!