Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
tigerman955i
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim Matthews

Veeam one Monitoring

Post by tigerman955i »

Hi we are about to do a test installation of the Veeam One monitoring solution. We are not sure as of yet if we require the full version or the free version as we have most of the functionality from other tools.

My design is using the advanced installation, and we will aquire test licenses so we can test functionality.

My understanding is; that if we dont require the functionality, and we remove the test license, it will revert to the free version. Is this correct?

If so does this also mean that we will have to restart our build process, as the avanced setup is not available for the free version, or will it continue to work?

thanks for your Help
Tim
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam one Monitoring

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Tim,

The best way to trial Veeam ONE is to deploy it in a typical mode, as it will literally take you a couple of clicks to install and perform initial configuration of the product.

As to the advanced mode deployment, do you have an internal policy to host your websites on the separate machine? Be aware that advanced mode just installs Veeam ONE Web UI and Veeam ONE collection server on different servers, so I would suggest proceed with this type of deployment only if you have such a requirement.
tigerman955i wrote:My understanding is; that if we dont require the functionality, and we remove the test license, it will revert to the free version. Is this correct?
Correct.
tigerman955i wrote:If so does this also mean that we will have to restart our build process, as the avanced setup is not available for the free version, or will it continue to work?
I haven't tried that, but it might work ;)

Thanks!