Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
t481
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Veeam One user permissions

Post by t481 »

Hi,
Is it possible to control what categories and groups users are allowed to view?

We allow users to view and monitor their hosts via Veeam and wanted to know if it's possible to select what users can and cannot see. For example, ability to view and set alarms, modelling and specific groups and categories.
DavoudTeimouri
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Davoud Teimouri

Re: Veeam One user permissions

Post by DavoudTeimouri » 1 person likes this post

Best Regards
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

DavoudTeimouri is spot on.
Feel free to ask additional questions if you have any.
t481
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by t481 »

I'm not sure actually. I wasn't referring to the vCenter permissions, I was asking in relation to the Veeam One Client software and hiding Veeam One specific features such as the ability to see the "Alarm Management" tab at the bottom left side as well as the "Modelling" button. I can't see how this relates to the vCenter permissions as these are Veeam One features.

I also want to control the categories that users are able to view some of which are only relevant to the IT department and not the business unit.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

You can create security groups to separate Veeam ONE Administrators from Read-only users.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

481 wrote:I was asking in relation to the Veeam One Client software and hiding Veeam One specific features such as the ability to see the "Alarm Management" tab at the bottom left side as well as the "Modelling" button. I can't see how this relates to the vCenter permissions as these are Veeam One features.

I also want to control the categories that users are able to view some of which are only relevant to the IT department and not the business unit.
Currently, this is not available. You can only limit the visibility scope for each user, or remove access to the configuration functionality. Thanks for the feedback though!