- Posts: 19
- Liked: 10 times
- Joined: Mar 22, 2013 10:35 am
We also carry Commvault and inspired by its options I'd love having the following two items in Veeam ONE, which I think would combine to present a very convincing use-case for customers:
1. Remediation action: disconnect all network interfaces on a VM (without any scripting).
2. File access monitoring rule: Commvault creates a randomly named Excel file in of their agent's directories as a honeypot. In normal circumstances this file is seldomly accessed and certainly never changed. They monitor this file for changes and trigger an alert when the file is modified, e.g. encrypted. I think something basic & similar should be possible in Veeam for example in Veeam ONE through the VMware Tools, checking such a file / set of files each x minutes.
Commvault goes further with a separate file I/O monitor targeted at file & laptop clients, which analyzes file I/O against a local baseline of the past 7 days, but while the two items above may be pretty simplistic, I'd still prefer the automatic containment.
- Product Manager
- Posts: 24075
- Liked: 1807 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests