Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam ONE vNEXT feedback/wishlist

Post by Shestakov »

We will take the request into account, thanks!
teamerman
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by teamerman »

Can you to share some information of the upcoming release? Will it be a big release or 4bc?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

That will be a major release, so many nice features are expected. Are looking for anything specific?
Thanks
thomas.biesmans
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times

Post by thomas.biesmans » 1 person likes this post

Was looking through Veeam's ransomware protection options today and one of the topics we're investigating is ransomware detection. Been looking through Veeam ONE's options, more specifically the 'Suspicious incremental backup size' and 'Possible ransomware activity' alarms. I found them good, but not great :)

We also carry Commvault and inspired by its options I'd love having the following two items in Veeam ONE, which I think would combine to present a very convincing use-case for customers:
1. Remediation action: disconnect all network interfaces on a VM (without any scripting).
2. File access monitoring rule: Commvault creates a randomly named Excel file in of their agent's directories as a honeypot. In normal circumstances this file is seldomly accessed and certainly never changed. They monitor this file for changes and trigger an alert when the file is modified, e.g. encrypted. I think something basic & similar should be possible in Veeam for example in Veeam ONE through the VMware Tools, checking such a file / set of files each x minutes.

Commvault goes further with a separate file I/O monitor targeted at file & laptop clients, which analyzes file I/O against a local baseline of the past 7 days, but while the two items above may be pretty simplistic, I'd still prefer the automatic containment.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

To all future readers, let's create a separate topic for each FR so that it is easier to ask follow-up questions and then track all these features. I will lock this thread for now.