VeeamOne Unprotected Report - Can I exclude some VM's

Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V

VeeamOne Unprotected Report - Can I exclude some VM's

Veeam Logoby paul777 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:59 pm

We are trying to keep track of about 75% of our VM's and would like to exclude the other 25% or so (about 1000 total). I'm looking at Custom Reports now but have not found anything yet to do this.
paul777
Novice
 
Posts: 6
Liked: never
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Full Name: Paul

Re: VeeamOne Unprotected Report - Can I exclude some VM's

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:37 pm 1 person likes this post

Hi Paul, if you want to filter out some VMs, then I would recommend creating Business View groups and then selecting these groups in the report. Additionally, you can try to specifying exclusion mask in the report parameters.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software
 
Posts: 21294
Liked: 1266 times
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VeeamOne Unprotected Report - Can I exclude some VM's

Veeam Logoby paul777 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks Vitaliy for the quick reply. I'm looking at Business View groups now.
paul777
Novice
 
Posts: 6
Liked: never
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Full Name: Paul

Re: VeeamOne Unprotected Report - Can I exclude some VM's

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:45 pm

In addition to creating groups manually, I would suggest you to review dynamic expressions engine. It allows creating groups on the fly.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software
 
Posts: 21294
Liked: 1266 times
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov


Return to Veeam ONE



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests