Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
perseusco
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Perseus Coronado

Can't see my vm's in orchestrator

Post by perseusco »

I am doing a Veeam Orchestrator trial and I am trying to set things up, I've added a bunch of stuff like vcservers, labs, etc. I can't seem to find a way to actually see the list of VM's I want to create orchestration plans for, everything I've been doing I have been pointing to the backup jobs listed under Groups in Scope Inclusions , however when I run verification or readiness tests they fail because there are no VM's and I get "VM groups is empty"
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Can't see my vm's in orchestrator

Post by Alec King »

Hello, I assume that the backup jobs do contain vSphere VMs? If so you should be able to see the VMs in Orchestrator Inventory view, and in the Plan itself. I would advise contacting our support team and opening a case - they will be able to double-check your configuration. Thanks!
perseusco
Influencer

Post by perseusco »

Hi Alec,
Yes, the backup jobs refrenced in Orchestrator contain vsphere vm's, however when I click on any of the groups, the right pane (Group Members) does not show any VM's.
Thanks
Alec King
VP, Product Management

Post by Alec King »

Hi Perseus, then I would definitely recommend you open a support case, it seems the data collection is not working. Support team will check your connections, permissions, configuration etc. Please post your support case number here too so we can see the outcome. Thanks!
perseusco
Influencer

Post by perseusco »

Hi Alec,
Support case number 06158795.

07.07.23 09:21:59 Info 0x3D04 veeamhq "Starting collector..."
07.07.23 09:21:59 Error 0x3D04 veeamhq "Collecting thread has failed to initialize and will be stopped: Failed to verify user credentials. Confirm the selected credentials and try again because of HRESULT: 0x80004005 (Unspecified error) - caught at [LegacyBaseHostController.cpp:306]. Diagnostic information follows The exception of class CHResultException has been thrown in [DbCredentials.cpp:174] [struct errinfo_comerror_ * __ptr64] = 0x80004005: Unspecified error
Description: Failed to verify user credentials. Confirm the selected credentials and try again.
[struct errorinfo_int64_ * __ptr64] = 101 [struct z_nestedexception_ * __ptr64] = Nested exception information:
DecryptData: Key not valid for use in specified state. Diagnostic information follows The exception of class std::system_error has been thrown"
07.07.23 09:21:59 Error 0x3D04 veeamhq "Reporting DB event: Unable to connect to veeamhq. Failed to verify user credentials. Confirm the selected credentials and try again. (VeeamNoHostConnectionEvent)"

Are the credentials needed specified in the Orchestrator Agent settings?

thanks
Alec King
VP, Product Management

Post by Alec King »

Hi Perseus, Just checking back in on this case. I saw our support team guided you to some SQL permissions that seem to be missing. Did you manage to resolve the issue with your SQL admin team?
Let us know if we can assist further, thanks!