Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
benjonoug
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: benjamin liga noug

VRO recovery plan

Post by benjonoug »

Hello All,

I created my recovery plan using backup job and this job has 20 virtual machines.
I want to know if i can execute the plan and recover only one virtual machine instead of all of the job.

thank you
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2327 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: VRO recovery plan

Post by Mildur »

Hello Benjamin

As far as I know, executing the plan for a single VM is not possible.
May I ask why you want to execute the plan for only a single machine must be recovered?
The Disaster Recovery Orchestrator is meant to plan and recover entire environments, rather than a single machine.
A single machine can always be recovered from the original VBR console.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 363 times

Re: VRO recovery plan

Post by Alec King »

Hi Benjamin,

If you wish to test only one or a few of the VM backups - you can create a SureBackup job for this in VBR, and latest Sure Backup jobs in VBR v12.1 can be set to test only a random numbers of VMs each time it runs.
This is a good method to do occasional / random spot-checks for a small number of VMs.

However it is recommended that the Veeam Orchestrator recovery plan should contain all VMs, and they should all be recovered when it runs (or all be tested in a DataLab). This minimizes human error when performing DR, and VRO plan tests will also show real-world RTO and RPO you can expect in a disaster situation.

Hope that helps!