Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
andre.simard
Service Provider
Liked: 25 times

Warning for non-default Value

Post by andre.simard »

Hi,
we have SQL instance that are listening on other ports than the default 1433. In the "Verify SQL port Step" the port to verify as been set to the correct port. During Failover test the step is completing successfully, but when reediness check is running it's always completing with a warning:
([Port parameter] Note that the port specified for the SQL Server check does not match the default value (1433). Double-check the port number to make sure you specified it correctly.)

Is there a way to avoid having the readiness check giving warning every time it is running. I can understand the reason behind the warning, but after having confirmed that we set the good port it would be nice if we can have a readiness check successful.

Thank you
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Warning for non-default Value

Post by Alec King »

Hello Andre,
In fact, this message should be Information-level, not Warning-level. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! We will get it fixed ASAP in a future update.
andre.simard
Service Provider

Post by andre.simard »

Hi Alec,

Do you think that is something that i can have a hotfix for? or the next release in to soon for that?
Because it's really annoying right now to always have a "failed" Readiness every morning.

Thank you
andre.simard
Service Provider

Post by andre.simard »

Hi,

Forgot to mention, that it's the same issue with the step "Verify Web Server Port"

Thank you
Alec King
VP, Product Management

Post by Alec King »

Hi Andre, yes in fact it's the same with all port number checks (when there is a default value). I am not sure we can create a hotfix for this now, as we are at a very busy stage of the dev/QA cycle for the next release (which is not far away!), however I will check it with the team. Thanks!
Alec King
VP, Product Management

Post by Alec King »

Hello @andre.simard, if you are prepared to swap out a DLL file, I have a private fix for you :mrgreen:
Please open a support case and ask them to contact me internally for the file and instructions. Thanks!
andre.simard
Service Provider

Post by andre.simard »

Yes I'm ready to do it :P

I'm in vacation right now but a soon as I can I will open the case. Thank you.