VMware monitoring with HP Operations Manager
bshimmin
Novice
Liked: never

Will version 5.x monitor vSphere 4.1?

Post by bshimmin »

Currently the customer environment I'm working in is using vSphere 4.0 (vCenter U1 and ESX4 U1 and U2 hosts) which is being monitored by nworks SPI 5.x (not sure of the exact version which I will chase up).

I'm looking to upgrade the environment to vSphere 4.1 beginning with vCenter and my question is will 5.x still continue working or does nworks SPI 5.5 become essential for it still to work. Appreciate that there are some nice addtional features within 5.5. however I'm really trying to decouple the upgrade of non-VMware components so that I don't have a dependency on someone else.

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Will version 5.x monitor vSphere 4.1?

Post by Gostev »

Hello, nworks SPI 5.5 does not yet support vSphere 4.1 - the nworks update to support vSphere is 5.5.2, planned for late August. Alec can give you more information about this.
MikawaYatsubusa
Lurker
Full Name: Kurt VAN HOVE

Post by MikawaYatsubusa »

Hello,
Is the support of vSphere 4.1 still for late August? Can anybody be more specific? I need to communicate this with our customer.
Irina Simkina
Enthusiast
Full Name: Irina Simkina

Post by Irina Simkina »

Hello,

nworks SPI introduced full vSphere 4.1 support in version 5.6 which is already available for download on our site:
http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-monitor ... tions.html

Please review the Release Notes document for more information.

Thanks,
Irina