Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure | VeeamPN software-defined networking
davy.neirynck
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Davy Neirynck

Azure CLI 2.0 for Veeam PN

Post by davy.neirynck » Apr 29, 2019 8:30 am

Case #03534514

For one of our customers, we need a product that enables the use of the original IP address of a VM after disaster recovery. A product that enables this is Veeam PN and I am in the process of testing it.

During the initial configuration wizard in the appliance in Azure I need to login and then it queries the Azure AD Service Principals using the command “azure ad sp list –json”. This command results in an error.

Azure:cfgSetupStatus faield: Azure Config failed on stage ec_AzCfg_2AppCreate: "command azure ad sp list --json failed with status 1. Details: error"We dont have a valid access token. Please run "azure login" again. \n error: Error information has been record to...

When I run the same command in Azure CLI (not from the Veeam appliance, but within the Azure portal), then I get exactly the same error. This proves that the issue is not Veeam related, but related to Azure. I created a support request @ Microsoft and they asked me to use Azure CLI v2.0 and test if that works. So I did the test and it actually works. This proves that there is no rights issue.

The problem is that I cannot tell the wizard to use Azure CLI v2.0.

Has anyone encountered this issue and is there a fix? Maybe the creation of the App in AD manually?

davy.neirynck
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Davy Neirynck

Re: Azure CLI 2.0 for Veeam PN

Post by davy.neirynck » Apr 29, 2019 8:46 am

Update: I contacted our QA department about this issue. The issue happens because Microsoft changed some policies in Azure so now they are checking the validity of the homepage when we create an AAD application. This issue will be fixed in the next version of the Veeam PN appliance which is expected to be out released the first half of May.