Cloud Connect for Enterprise

Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure | Free, secure file copy for Microsoft Azure VMs

Cloud Connect for Enterprise

Veeam Logoby gzygadlo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:39 pm

I'm looking at Veeam Cloud Connect for Enterprise and have set it up to do backup copies which will get the data offsite, I also want the ability to create replica's, but when I go to create replica resources on my Cloud Connect for Enterprise Azure VM then the hosts field is blank. Is this not possible because I'm using Azure?

Also when you do the backup copy there is really no way to see the VM inside the Cloud Connect console so that you could restore it into Azure or do you just do it from the on-prem version? I'm trying to simulate that I have lost my on-prem backup server and need to restore into Azure to get things up and running. Maybe I missed something during setup.
gzygadlo
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Greg Zygadlo

Re: Cloud Connect for Enterprise

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Greg,

Correct. Replica is not possible in Azure. If you want to use that, then you need VCC for Enterprise but deployed on-premises in one of your datacenters

For the restore. The repository connected to cloud connect can be read by ANY Veeam B&R server, so in that worst case scenario, you will need to scan the respository in a VBR server and then you can do whatever restore. But when you say you cannot see the VM inside the console, what exactly do you mean? (I might understand it wrong)
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 390 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Cloud Connect for Enterprise

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Also when you do the backup copy there is really no way to see the VM inside the Cloud Connect console so that you could restore it into Azure or do you just do it from the on-prem version?

Are you probably talking about receiver side - Service Provider's backup console? If so, then, tenant backups are not visible to SP by design.

What you can do in case of disaster is to deploy a new backup console in Azure, import tenant backups there and execute whatever restoration procedure you want to, including restore tenant VMs as Azure VMs.

Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 1038 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Return to Veeam Tools for Microsoft Azure