Error using VeeamPN with backup copy job

Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure | Free, secure file copy for Microsoft Azure VMs

Error using VeeamPN with backup copy job

Veeam Logoby Line_Rider » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:40 pm

I've got VeeamPN setup and can create the VPN tunnel from my on prem veeam server successfully, I also successfully added the repository vm into my backups infrastructure.

When I start a backup job going to that repo I get the following error.

Error: Failed to connect to the port [10.0.0.5:2500].

We do have a firewall and the rule for the tunnel to established was allowed but do I also need another rule allowing port 2500 from azure to my on prem? I'm slightly confused as I expected the VPN tunnel to allow that once established.
Line_Rider
Influencer

Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Jon

Re: Error using VeeamPN with backup copy job

Veeam Logoby AVasilyev » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi Jon,

I need a bit more details about your deployment to suggest you a solution.

As I understand you installed VeeamPN in HUB role in Azure virtual network where you are setting up a repository.
You added 'point-to-site' client and used a OpenVPN client to connect from on-prem Veeam Server to the VPN in Azure.
But then could you please explain how the job is setup? For example - if you are using an another server as a proxy, and this proxy is not connect to with its p2s VPN connection it will not see 1.0.0.5 IP address in Azure.

If this is the case I would suggest to use VeeamPN appliance - install it in your on-prem network, connect as site-to-site and use IP translation for Azure-based server (10.0.0.5) to some not used local network address (e.g. 192.168.1.200). Thus all servers (Veeam Backup Server and all proxies) in your network will see the Azure-based repository as local alias 192.168.1.200

Thank you,
Alexey
AVasilyev
Veeam Software

Liked: 5 times

Return to Veeam Tools for Microsoft Azure