Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure | VeeamPN software-defined networking
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 1374 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Restore to Azure

Post by veremin » Nov 14, 2018 11:55 am

Based on our investigation, the reason was usage of outdated PS version.

If you experience the given issue, kindly update your PS environment (this version is preferable). It will be also included in backup server installation package, starting from Update 4.

Thanks.

mrmccoy007
Veeam Software
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Brandon McCoy

Post by mrmccoy007 » Nov 15, 2018 8:25 pm

I am dealing with a customer now that has ran into this issue. I followed some links and help center and am getting different answers. Does the restore to Azure work with CSP if you give the right credentials? Customer claims they have tried all permissions that support told them to try and none of them worked. Plus I read this directly in the help center guide.

Veeam Backup & Replication does not support Azure CSP Subscriptions. For more information, see https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/offers/ms-azr-0145p/.

Would like to get a definite on this. Thanks.

veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin » Nov 16, 2018 10:36 am

Can you try to update your customer PS to the version suggested above? If that does not work, let him open a support ticket and provide its number here, QA team will investigate it further. Thanks!

Huaner
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Post by Huaner » Dec 18, 2018 11:51 pm

I'm having a similar problem where 50% of the VM's I try and restore have the same error. I got to do the Powershell module AzureRM update and it says it not installed. Do I install it or is there another issue?

veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin » Dec 19, 2018 11:12 am

If your issue similar to the one reported in this thread, you need to update Azure RM PS module at least to version 5.1.1. Thanks!

yasuda
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Peter Yasuda

Post by yasuda » Jan 22, 2019 9:33 pm

Will it work with PowerShell 6? And/or the new Azure PowerShell Az module? Which works with PowerShell 5 on Windows, and PowerShell 6 on Windows, Linux, and MacOS.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powers ... azps-1.1.0

Maybe with compatibility mode enabled? Enable-AzureRmAlias

I am going to test restore to Azure, and I need to install Azure RM on my backup server.

Off topic, does it feel really strange to be told by Microsoft to get the installer from their Github releases page? I know they bought Github, but still...

veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin » Jan 28, 2019 3:59 pm 1 person likes this post

Haven't tested it, but most likely, everything will fail, as even MS considers it to be a new module. Thanks!