Setup Guide

Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure | Free, secure file copy for Microsoft Azure VMs

Setup Guide

Veeam Logoby quiggley » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:38 pm

I am looking for a setup guide for setting up to use Azure as our DR location. I have found quite a few white papers here and there about certain parts but I can't seem to find one that shows the whole process end to end. Anyone seen such a paper?

Thanks,

Q
quiggley
Certified Trainer

Liked: never
Full Name: Just Me

Re: Setup Guide

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:33 pm

Currently you cannot replicate VMs to Azure, if that's what you're asking for. If you're talking more about restoring backed up VMs to Azure, then, there is nothing special about it - configure initial settings and start restoring VMs to Azure, following steps of corresponding wizard. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 987 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby quiggley » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Ha. I know. I keep hearing "it is so simple." I must be missing something. What I have now. I have a VBR setup and backing up some machines. I simply want to be able to do backup copy jobs to Azure so that I can restore to Azure if needed with Direct To Azure. I have a proxy setup in Azure. How do I get a repository there to do my backup copy jobs to? I added a disk to my proxy thinking I could set that up as a repo. The wizard can't connect to it. What am I missing?

Thank you!
quiggley
Certified Trainer

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Add Azure VM as a repository, using either its DNS name or public IP address. After that, use it as a target for backup copy job. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby quiggley » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:57 pm

I think I found the problem. It appears that there needs to be some kind of connection\VPN between me and my Azure environment. I don't remember seeing a document that mentioned this. Is this something that is needed? Is there a doc that explains how to create that?

Thanks!
quiggley
Certified Trainer

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:46 am

To have connectivity to Azure you can leverage Veeam PN free offering. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Return to Veeam Tools for Microsoft Azure