Veeam Cloud Connect

Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure | Free, secure file copy for Microsoft Azure VMs

Veeam Cloud Connect

Veeam Logoby fsola » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Does anyone know a way to control the bandwidth USING Each Customer is veeam Cloud Connect?

I need have the control, to use VCC with differents clients because Azure has cost by GB download.

Regards.
fsola
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Fernando Sola

Re: Veeam Cloud Connect

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:30 am

Fernando,

Let me see if I understand this correctly... You want to limit the download per GB for each customer? For example, tenant A receives 5 GB of potential download as part of their gold plan or something like that... Is that correct?

The problem I see here is that it would mean that a customer can't do a restore if he / she needs it if they need to recover more than the allowed GB.

Can you give us some more idea on what you want to achieve?

Thanks

Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 362 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby kdmiddlebrooks » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:58 am

I don't think that's a possibility. Azure places (a pretty high) cap on the maximum throughput for downloading from storage, but there's no built-in way to cap the the total amount of data a client can download. I'd agree with Mike that even if you could do it, it would create a potential problem in a recovery scenario. If you're looking at doing something like chargeback for the amount of data a client downloads, I think I'd take the approach of trying to use Azure's monitoring and reporting to get the information on the egress bandwidth used by the client, and charge them for that, instead of trying to find a way to cap their usage.
kdmiddlebrooks
Service Provider

Liked: never
Full Name: Karl D. Middlebrooks

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:53 am

One thing you certainly can do is work with Veeam Managed Backup Portal (soon to be renamed to Veeam Availability Console) and put a limit in the subscription plan for a tenant. You can find more information here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/vmbp/10/ad ... plans.html
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 362 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Return to Veeam Tools for Microsoft Azure