Veeam FastSCP & Azure Market

Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure | Free, secure file copy for Microsoft Azure VMs

Veeam FastSCP & Azure Market

Veeam Logoby Baptiste » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:47 am

Hello,

I am deploying all Veeam appliance on Azure market in order to test it.
Veeam appliance from Azure market are "ressource group gen2" (or smth like that) and i cannot find anywhere to set my endpoint.

My goal is to upload with Veeam FASTSCP one backup on the Direct Restore appliance to try it. RDP work out of the box but fastscp doesn't. what should i configure ?

Regards,
Baptiste
Service Provider

Liked: 5 times

Re: Veeam FastSCP & Azure Market

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:51 am

Can you please try to follow these instructions and let us know if you were able to configure FastSCP or not > Using Veeam FastSCP for Microsoft Azure with Azure Resource Manager?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1159 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby Baptiste » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:20 pm 1 person likes this post

Hello Vitaliy,

Thanks for the link, i was looking for something like this :).
Every time i searched for Veeam Fastscp configuration, it was the "old" documentation.
TL;DR it works but with some error in PS.

First, the Export-Certificate gives an error even if the folder exist because the cmd miss the "certificate's file name"
Code: Select all
Export-Certificate -Cert $Cert -FilePath C:\temp\cert
has to be transform into
Export-Certificate -Cert $Cert -FilePath C:\temp\cert\cert.cer

Then when you create the listener it gives you an error :
PS C:\Users\BTE> New-Item -Path WSMan:\LocalHost\Listener -Transport HTTPS -Address * -CertificateThumbPrint $Cert.Thumb
print –Force
New-Item : The WS-Management service cannot perform the configuration operation. A listener with Address=* and
Transport=HTTPS configuration already exists. You have to delete the existing listener first in order to be able to
create it with the same Address and Transport values.
At line:1 char:1
+ New-Item -Path WSMan:\LocalHost\Listener -Transport HTTPS -Address * -Certificat ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-Item], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.NewItemCommand

Then i had to wait 10min, maybe the time for the azure firewall to setup or i don't know but.... at the end... It works :)
Too bad there is no bandwidth limitation...
Baptiste
Service Provider

Liked: 5 times

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks for the update! I will let the blog post owner aware of the changes you made to the export-certificate cmdlet.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1159 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Veeam Tools for Microsoft Azure