Veeam PN Azure Setup failed

Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure | Free, secure file copy for Microsoft Azure VMs

Veeam PN Azure Setup failed

Veeam Logoby pmansfield » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:10 am

I've created a new subscription, and worked through the docs to setup my Azure hosted Veeam PN Hub (from the Azure marketplace). During the Azure Setup phase, after I have authenticated my account, I get the following error:

Azure:cfgSetupStatus failed: Azure config failed on stage ec_AzCfg_4GetRTid:
"command azure network route-table show -g "veeampn" -n
"VeeamHubRouteTable" --json failed with status 1.
Details: error: The current subscription type is not permitted to perform operations on any provider namespace. Please use a different subscription. \n
error: Error information has been recorded to /root/.azure/azure.err \n
error: network route-table show command failed \n \n "

It's a pay as go subscription (based in North EU), and I have other subscriptions in my account that I'm running VMs and storage with, and I don't recall making any specific changes to get those to work. Have I missed a step somewhere during the setup phase?
pmansfield
Enthusiast

Liked: never

Re: Veeam PN Azure Setup failed

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:05 am

Hi,

It seems that not everything is OK at this point in time. We had withdrawn the appliance to patch according to Microsoft demand, but it seems that it isn't published again as it should. Our teams will investigate what is wrong

Sorry about this

Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 379 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby pmansfield » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:10 am

Thanks. What's the best thing to do? Leave the appliance until it's fixed, or just delete it and start again when it's all sorted?
pmansfield
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby pmansfield » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:33 pm

The appliance is now running thanks to some assistance from Alexey.
pmansfield
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby AVasilyev » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Many thanks to pmansfield for his great collaboration while we were finding cause and solution for the issue.

Customers with more than one Azure subscription might experience same behavior - presently Veeam PN works with subscription which is first in the list.
In current case the selection was wrong.

Here is a workaround method which was successfully used to fix the issue
1) login to SSH to your VeeamPN appliance by IP or DNS name
2) use name and password you have chosen while deploying the Azure offer
3) switch to administrative account running command sudo su -
4) go to web UI and try to go through only FIRST STEP (Connection to azure by link and code) of Azure connect wizard once again (if you didn't select - "don't show me again" after closing the Wizard - just do a refresh of the UI, or you can go to "Settings" - "Azure" tab - click Apply)
5) now while you are connected to your account you should go and change default subscription
6) go to SSH window and enumerate your subscriptions by command azure account list
7) you should see all of your subscription names and IDs - "Current - true" should be in a first subscription
8 ) now to change current subscription to a correct one you should run command azure account set GUID_OF_ID_OF_CORRECT_SUBSCRIPTION
9) verify that current subscription is correct one now by command azure account list - check "Current - true" column
10) go back to UI and click next to proceed to the step which was failing before
AVasilyev
Veeam Software

Liked: 3 times

Return to Veeam Tools for Microsoft Azure