VeeamPN - How to configure DHCP options?

Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure | Free, secure file copy for Microsoft Azure VMs

VeeamPN - How to configure DHCP options?

Veeam Logoby pmansfield » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:43 pm

I've got the Hub setup, have configured a gateway with a site to site link, and added a standalone client.

I can connect my client to the hub, and get can access resources in the linked site via IP address. The next step will be to push specific DHCP settings, so I can specify a DHCP pool, and some DNS servers. In a standard OpenVPN setup, this would be done with the /etc/openvpn/server.conf file, but that file doesn't exist on the Hub appliance. Does it live somewhere else, or is there a different way of configuring this stuff with the VeeamPN appliance?

Oh, any chance we could have a subforum for VeeamPN questions?

pmansfield
Enthusiast

Liked: never

Re: VeeamPN - How to configure DHCP options?

Veeam Logoby AVasilyev » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi pmansfield,

VeeamPN dynamically handles connections of clients and pushes network settings to them. Doing what you probably was doing with help of client-connect/disconnect scripts, but through Management interface:https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/miscellaneous/79-management-interface.html.

DHCP settings are not configurable for now. VeeamPN needs control over IP addresses to do proactive management of changing clients (auto-reconnects, changing routing etc...)
Currently
- site-to-site DHCP settings are 10.8.0.0/16 starting from 10.8.0.2
- point-to-site DHCP settings are 10.9.0.0/16 starting from 10.9.0.2

You can configure pushing DNS settings by editing openvpn config files. They are located
- site-to-site config: /usr/share/Veeam/hub/SiteOVPN.cfg
- point-to-client config: /usr/share/Veeam/hub/EndpointOVPN.cfg

If you would like to edit these files make sure you turn off corresponding services in UI first.

For pushing DNS settings you can for example add following lines in config files:
push "dhcp-option DNS 1.2.4.3"
push "dhcp-option DOMAIN example.lan"

Thank you! Your every post here gives more and more sense to the idea of opening VeeamPN dedicated subforum :)
AVasilyev
Veeam Software

Liked: 3 times

Veeam Logoby pmansfield » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Thanks Alexey - I've got DNS working now.
pmansfield
Enthusiast

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby pdemidov » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi everyone,

configuring DHCP options is also documented on the bottom of this page:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/veeampn/userguide/configure_server_settings.html?ver=10

...but Alexey's answer is better=)
pdemidov
Veeam Software

Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Pavel Demidov

Return to Veeam Tools for Microsoft Azure