Page 1 of 1

Backups not working after upgrade to v8 patch 1

Posted: Mar 14, 2015 9:02 am
by KerryETB
We opened a ticket with VEEAM as we had issues with tape backups. After a review they recommended we upgrade to V8 and install patch 1. We were to also add a registry fix so that jobs that did not run would fail after a set period and we would get a notification.

We upgraded yesterday (Friday), installed patch 1 and the registry fix then tried to run a backup. It took 90 minutes to backup the first of 4 VMs then stopped. We stopped the job and tried again - it flew through the first VM then stopped again.

Today (Saturday) we still have no backups running. We left one job running overnight, after it finished the first VM it just stopped and sat there. It says it's waiting for the next task, when I click o nthe VM it says
14/03/2015 08:58:13 :: Updating auxiliary data writer_doc

Original VEEAM case : 00747241

Michael

Re: Backups not working after upgrade to v8 patch 1

Posted: Mar 14, 2015 9:24 am
by KerryETB
Should have mentioned we have Windows Server 2012 R2 on physical server and on the VMs. We use Hyper-V, not VMWare

Re: Backups not working after upgrade to v8 patch 1

Posted: Mar 14, 2015 7:12 pm
by Gostev
Hi Michael, according to the support case notes I see you have already resolved the issue with our support?

Re: Backups not working after upgrade to v8 patch 1

Posted: Mar 16, 2015 9:14 am
by KerryETB
Ivan from VEEAM support was able to dial in and get the issues resolved. We found 2 issues with the VEEAM upgrade, one was with doing backups to disk, the other was with the tape changer / library

1) On our remote session we have checked your Veeam Server. It seems, that you faced with a known issue, when all of your Backup Jobs stuck at point "Releasing disk resources: Veeam.Backup.Core.CHvDiskResources". We have applied a private fix and now your Backup Jobs are running well.
They copied in a DLL file from a private hotfix.

2) On our remote session we have removed bad library_id from Veeam DB. After removing it, tape inventory works fine.
Ivan used Powershell to rename the library id and it started working again