Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
rboynton
Enthusiast
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Rick Boynton

Version 10 - Wow!

Post by rboynton » 6 people like this post

We upgraded to version 10 last week. For the past 3 weeks our backups have been running for 45-46 hours average to back up ~26.5TB onto our tapes at 170 MB/s. This past weekend (after the upgrade to 10) the same backup ran for only 23 hours, wrote 21.4 TB to tape, and ran at 274 MB/s... that is a 50% reduction in time, faster throughput and a significant reduction in data written. All I can say is, wow! Say it backwards, wow! Good show, guys!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Version 10 - Wow!

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Rick,

Music to my ears, thank you for sharing! I assume you are using synthetic fulls to tape during weekend or that was NDMP? Cheers!
rboynton
Enthusiast

Post by rboynton » 1 person likes this post

We copy the full as well as incremental files for each of our servers. Amazing improvement!!
lnulman
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: leonard nulman

Post by lnulman »

I have EMC VNX NAS 16.4 TB backed to Quantum i3 LTO8 library with Veeam blade at 50 MBs even in V 10. Any recommendations?
rboynton
Enthusiast

Post by rboynton »

Need more info to answer properly. What is the rated throughput of your tape library? Are you using a dedicated NIC for your connection to the NAS? If so, are you using jumbo frames with your connection to the NAS? What is the hardware you are using on the Veeam B&R server?