- Posts: 24
- Liked: 2 times
- Joined: Jun 01, 2012 3:46 pm
- Full Name: Michael
I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me? We want to use 3PAR snapshot integration. How should the VMFS LUN presentation be configured:
1. Export all VMFS LUNs to the Physical Veeam Proxy Server. Snapshots are then able to be automatically presented to the Physical Veeam Proxy Server as each backup job requires.
2. Do not export any VMFS LUNs to the Physical Veeam Proxy Server. Snapshots are automatically presented to the Physical Veeam Proxy Server as each backup job requires.
I'm anxious not to export the live VMFS volumes in a writeable state to the Proxy server to get this integration feature to work if I can avoid it!
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 25082
- Liked: 3668 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
- Service Provider
- Posts: 181
- Liked: 48 times
- Joined: Sep 03, 2012 5:28 am
- Full Name: Yizhar Hurwitz
In addition to above, please note that if you plan to use the good old SAN MODE option (without the new storage snapshots integration), then you will need to present the live VMFS volumes to backup server.
I am currently using Veeam 6.5 in SAN mode against 3PAR 7200, and I have exported (presented) all VMFS volumes to the backup server.
This works fine and I haven't had any problem with it.
Of course if you can avoid exporting the live volume is safer, I just wanted to add my notes.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests