Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
alchangd
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Allan Chang

[MERGED] vSphere 5.5 Update 1

Post by alchangd »

Does Veeam Backup and Replication supports vSphere 5.5 Update 1 ?
JeremyS132
Novice
Full Name: Jeremy Schwarzrock

[MERGED] vSphere 5.5 Update 1b

Post by JeremyS132 »

We are looking at pushing out 5.5 Update 1b in our organization. I know that Veeam 7.0 Patch 4 is compatible with 5.5, but I wanted to check before we move forward. Has anyone deployed this out and seen issues with Veeam? I appreciate everyone's time and help.

Jeremy
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: 5.5 Update 1

Post by foggy »

Jeremy, please review the thread above for considerations regarding minor vSphere updates.

Btw, are you probably talking about VMware vCenter Server 5.5 Update 1b?
VVMSUP
Lurker
Full Name: Jean

Post by VVMSUP »

Hi Foggy,

Are you sure there is no issue on the last version (Veeam 7.0871 patch 4) no problem of consolidation or hotadd.
Could you confirm which version of the VDDK the customer should use with this version it seems to be 5.5.1 but I saw a new release of the vddk. How it can impact the works of your solution.
How to see if the issue is about VMware or Veean.
I open a case few days ago, because I have lots of problem during my backup I increase the number of proxy and also check the vddk.
I can send to you some logs from by backup, I already open a SR in VMware so they checked if the the snapshot process they did a lots of test but the consolidation was fine so they said it is Vmware issue
Could you help me top fixe my problem and give me the best practices with the 5.5u1
thanks a million Gents !
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Jean, Veeam B&R installs and uses the VDDK version it supports (i.e. was thoroughly tested on), so the customer is not involved in the "process of selection which VDDK version to use". If you have any problems, it's better work with Veeam support directly, since the team behind this forum is not able to make sense of the job debug logs. In their turn, our technical engineers are able to identify on which side the issue you're experiencing is and assist you in its resolution.
superdave56
Lurker
Full Name: David Myers

[MERGED] : esxi 5.5 express patch 7

Post by superdave56 »

Is there any official word on support for esxi 5.5 patch 7?

Also, is there somewhere on the website where the recommended/supported patch level for esxi is listed? I poked around for a while and couldn't find anything.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Kindly, take a look at the answers provided above regarding Veeam support for minor vSphere updates. Thanks.