Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mcrape
Veeam Software
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Matt Crape

Re: RFE: Stop Warnings on VMware Tools quiesce failures

Post by mcrape »

Just to add my $.02, I'm wondering if you might still be able to include the VMware Tools issue in the summary email, but just not have it triggered a warning. Maybe just have it appear as a note / FYI. It might be useful to know, but I echo Rob's sentiments that I don't want it triggering a warning.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: RFE: Stop Warnings on VMware Tools quiesce failures

Post by foggy »

Guys, starting Veeam B&R v8 Update 3 there's a registry key that switches VMware Tools warning into informational message.
rnelson0
Influencer
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Rob Nelson

Re: 8.0 - Disable VMware Tools not found warning

Post by rnelson0 »

Foggy, thanks for the tip. I have added the registry key to the B&R server (does not look like it requires a reboot, is that correct?) and will wait to see how things turn out tonight. How does it behave when VMware tools IS found but is not running?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Typically service restart is required for the new value to take effect. I believe the behavior is the same in both cases, but need to check.
rnelson0
Influencer

Post by rnelson0 »

I did not see that message yesterday, so I have rebooted the B&R console today. FYI, the specific warning is "Cannot use VMware Tools quiescence because VMware Tools are not running."
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Rob, do you still see it after rebooting the Veeam B&R server?
rnelson0
Influencer

Post by rnelson0 »

Foggy, sorry for the delay. We had some other storage errors to fix before we could get back to this... This does fix the error where VMware tools is not installed. I believe I still saw a log error when VMware tools was installed but not responding. Still, this allows us to streamline the jobs by folders a bit more. Thanks!
lepphce1
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Post by lepphce1 »

Support recommended I post per case #01839475. I was going to start a new thread on this very issue, but I will add my upvote here. I would also like to add that the backup fails if the tools are installed, but fail to quiesce. So an option to continue backing up after a quiesce failure would be helpful too.
m.novelli
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 84 times
Full Name: Marco Novelli

[MERGED] Warning email message

Post by m.novelli »

Hi guys, I have some customers from where every day I receive a Veeam Backup warning email message because "Cannot use VMware Tools quiescence because VMware Tools are not found"

The supplier told me that on those VM is not possible to install VMware Tools (Cisco Wireless Controller Virtual Appliance)

I would like to receive a green email from Veeam, but every day is yellow... is there any workaround to ignore this specific VM / warning? I've disabled "Application Aware Processing" for this particular VM, without luck

Many thanks

Ciao

Marco
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Hi Marco, please see this post for a solution.