- Posts: 2
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jul 27, 2015 6:21 pm
- Full Name: Jonathan Kaufman
We have TSMVE, we also use TDP for SQL & Lotus Notes and have a few TB+ SQL Databases that we backup using TDP daily right now, so daily backups using Veeam would also need to happen, and generally we need "quick" backups (60-70mb/sec normally). Our VMware Hardware is almost entirely made up of Cisco UCS Blades, and our disk backend in FC based IBM San Volume Controller disk. My management is NOT enthusiastic on replication, so TAPE-OUT is a must...
I expect as I'm new to Veeam and this would be the first Veeam implementation at my workplace that I'll miss something, or something will not be setup quite "right". I'd just like to avoid some pitfalls if I can.
I've skimmed the User/Install guide and came up with a few idea's on an environment, but I'm unsure of what's a good rule of thumb for # of proxes ..
Here is what I've thought up so far, we would be running Veeam Availability Suite Enteprise.
Veeam One VM's (Supporting our site, probably 3-5 admins and maybe a secondary site or two)
(1) Veeam One Server & Local Server Express (2012) Installation
2vCPU, 8GB, 500GB disk
(1) Veeam One Web UI
2vCPU, 2GB, Disk?
(2) Veeam One Monitor Clients
1vCPU, 2GB, Disk??
Veeam B&R VM's
(1) Veeam Backup Server
Each Cluster in vCenter would have
(1) Veeam Proxy (General VM) - 4vCPU 8gb
(1) Veeam Proxy (SQL) - 8vcpu 8gb
Veeam V&R Physical Machines
(1) Windows 2012 R2 Veeam Repository & Veeam Proxy & Veeam Tape Server
(4) FC direct attached LTO-5 Tape drives in an Automated library.
Any help would be appreciated, links to posts or whitepapers also appreciated. I've skimmed a few posts already, but I'm certain to have missed a few.
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 18278
- Liked: 1564 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
We have the Best Practices document, though it was written in times when previous version was effective, basic recommendations still applicable to v8.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests