Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Cheapers
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Appl. Restores from "backupped" VBO server

Post by Cheapers »

Hi, we have a VMware virtual VBO server which backs up O365 to a local repository (D:\). This VBO server we backup with VBR. I have heard we will be able to restore O365 application items from this VBR backup of the VBO server. Is this correct and if so, should we be able to restore all possible items (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams) from this backup? Thanks.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Appl. Restores from "backupped" VBO server

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

This kind of restore is available for backups created in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, please refer to this page for more information. In your case, the VBR server just protects the VBO server and does not know about backups produced by VBO.

Thanks!
Cheapers
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by Cheapers »

Hi, I thought this should work: "VBR will recognize the backup as a VBO instance and give you the possibility to use the Veeam explorers on it, without the need of recovering the entire VM or physical server." (veeam-backup-for-office-365-f47/seconda ... 53819.html)
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Well, I misunderstood the question, didn't catch that the repository is local. You can find more details on this page of our best practices document:
Performs granular item restores from local repositories in the backup using Veeam Explorers available on the VBR Server (Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 Update 4 and higher)
Also, I'm going to contact our tech writers team so that we can add the description of this feature on our help center.

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Cheapers wrote: Aug 03, 2021 11:00 amI have heard we will be able to restore O365 application items from this VBR backup of the VBO server. Is this correct and if so, should we be able to restore all possible items (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams) from this backup?
Yes, that is correct and all restore options are available from image-level backups of a VBO server VM. Thanks!