Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
danswartz
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Dan Swartzendruber

Application Aware Processing?

Post by danswartz »

I'm a little confused about how I can tell if this is working. I have two windows server 2012R2 VMs. Several backup jobs that back them up. Before upgrading to V10, I could swear I would always see a message for these 2 VMs in the backup window that says something to the effect of 'Getting list of guest file system local users' and later in the job 'Saving GuestMembers.xml'. Also messages about truncating SQL server logs. I just happened to be looking at 3 jobs that ran today, all involving the same VMs, and 1 of the 3 has these messages in the backup window, the other 2 don't. NB: I am not saying there is an issue here - I don't know enough to speculate. It does make me wonder why the difference. The main reason I care, is that the 2 VMs are Active Directory partners and are rather critical, and I'd be bummed out if I had to restore one of these and found out things were gacked because AAP wasn't actually working when that restore point was taken.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Re: Application Aware Processing?

Post by Gostev »

Hello, we cannot troubleshoot this via forum posts without seeing the job settings and debug logs. Please open a support case and let them take a look. Please include the support case ID here. Thanks!
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1407 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

All the messages are part of Veeam Guest processing.
Maybe the job for one server has Veeam Guest processing enabled and the Job for the others don´t have it enabled?
danswartz
Veteran

Post by danswartz »

Not sure what you mean by 'Guest processing enabled'. All of the jobs have 'Enable application-aware processing' checkbox enabled. Again, I'm not saying there is an issue here, I'm just asking a simple question: if I don't see those messages, does it mean it is not running? If so, I will open a case.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev »

That is correct. "Action log message, or it did not happen" :D
danswartz
Veteran

Post by danswartz »