Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mallikarjunac
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mallikarjuna Chennareddy

Assistance Needed: Veeam Cloud Connect Installation and Service Discrepancies in Version 12.1

Post by mallikarjunac »

I'm seeking assistance with my Veeam Cloud Connect installation. I installed Version 12.1.0.2131(with veeamBackup-12.1.0.2131-20231206.iso) and noticed that only a subset of services is present on the BackupServer VM. Comparing this with my previous Veeam Cloud Connect installation, it's evident that certain services are missing.

Services currently existing on BackupServer VM for Veeam version 12.1:
a) VeeamBackupRESTSvc - Veeam Backup Server RESTful API Service
b) VeeamBackupSvc - Veeam Backup Service
c) VeeamBrokerSvc - Veeam Broker Service
d) VeeamBackupCdpSvc - Veeam CDP Coordinator Service
e) VeeamCloudSvc - Veeam Cloud Connect Service
f) VeeamDataAnalyzerSvc - Veeam Data Analyzer Service
g) VeeamCatalogSvc - Veeam Guest Catalog Service
h) VeeamDeploySvc - Veeam Installer Service

The following services are absent on the BackupServer VM for Veeam version 12.1, while they are present for Veeam versions 12.0.0.1420 and 11.0.1.1261, respectively:
a) VeeamVssProviderSvc - Veeam VSS Hardware Provider Service
b) VeeamMountSvc - Veeam Mount Service
c) VeeamExplorersRecoverySvc - Veeam Explorers Recovery Service
d) VeeamTransportSvc - Veeam Data Mover Service
e) VeeamFilesysVssSvc - Veeam Backup VSS Integration Service

Additionally, I observed that the 'Updates' folder is not present in the 'veeamBackup-12.1.0.2131-20231206.iso.' In the previous year, when I installed Veeam Cloud Connect with 'veeamBackup-11.0.1.1261-20230227.iso,' the 'Updates' folder was included. However, in version 12.1, the folder seems to be missing. I'm looking for some help at the starting point to understand whether this is the anticipated behavior. I can confirm that the ISO is not corrupted as the downloaded ISO's md5sum matches '5929283a81a80afcfa2e5abe31b1381c'.

If this behavior is expected, I kindly request relevant Veeam documentation or resources that explain this aspect in version 12.1. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Assistance Needed: Veeam Cloud Connect Installation and Service Discrepancies in Version 12.1

Post by Gostev »

Hello, I don't see any issues above. Some services are not installed until you use certain features or functionality. Updates folder is not needed when there are no updates for the setup program to install after deploying the base build. So pretty obvious stuff and I don't believe we have a document where explaining this would be actually relevant. But if you find a fitting page of the manual, feel free to use the Send feedback link at the bottom to propose additions. This goes directly to the ticketing system of our Documentation team. Thank you