Discussions specific to the VMware vSphere hypervisor
Post Reply
Frosty
Expert
Posts: 164
Liked: 35 times
Joined: Dec 22, 2009 9:00 pm
Full Name: Stephen Frost
Contact:

Attempt to upgrade to v9.5 U4 -- somewhat mystified

Post by Frosty » Jan 29, 2019 4:01 am

Having decided that the time was right to roll out v9.5 Update 4, so that I could then update vCenter and vSphere to v6.7 U1, I decided to login to the Veeam website and give it a go. After logging in:

* I can see that 9.5 U4 is available for upgrade
* when I go to the download page, I am warned "vSphere 6.7 Update 1 is not supported, see KB2784" in a message at top of screen
* reading that KB article tells me that v6.7 U1 is supported with VBR v9.5 U4 and that I should upgrade
* finding the U4 download page, I click the download button ... and nothing happens (using Google Chrome browser)

Wondering if this is a license issue, I decided to look at licenses:

* we are currently licensed for v9.x
* there is a menu option for Production Licences (U4) so I have downloaded the new licence file for U4

I return to the Download link and realise that Chrome's pop-up blocker is stopping the download. Hallelujah. I now have the .ISO downloading to my Desktop.

Still somewhat mystified about the warnings of incompatibility with vSphere 6.7 U1 though. Is it just that someone hasn't updated the my.veeam.com website, or is there some new incompatibility in play?

anthonyspiteri79
Veeam Software
Posts: 527
Liked: 110 times
Joined: Jan 14, 2016 6:48 am
Full Name: Anthony Spiteri
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Attempt to upgrade to v9.5 U4 -- somewhat mystified

Post by anthonyspiteri79 » Jan 29, 2019 4:26 am

Hey there Stephen.

Glad you finally got to the point of getting the ISO!

vSphere 6.7 Update 1 is fully supported with Update 4. This KB https://www.veeam.com/kb2443 is what you want to reference.
Anthony Spiteri
Global Technologist, Product Strategy | VMware vExpert
Email: anthony.spiteri@veeam.com | Mobile: +61488335699
Twitter: @anthonyspiteri | Skype: anthony_spiteri

Frosty
Expert
Posts: 164
Liked: 35 times
Joined: Dec 22, 2009 9:00 pm
Full Name: Stephen Frost
Contact:

Re: Attempt to upgrade to v9.5 U4 -- somewhat mystified

Post by Frosty » Jan 29, 2019 9:20 pm

Thanks for confirming.
Someone at Veeam had better track down the origin of that message I was being given at the website though, as it may confuse others?
Am going to try upgrading in the next day or two. Am a bit nervous, as we now have a physical backup server so I can't snapshot before I start. I'll make sure I do have a config backup though.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests