Azure Site Recovery compatability

VMware specific discussions

Azure Site Recovery compatability

Veeam Logoby mbroaders » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:12 pm

I have a client who wishes to use Veeam for local backups and Azure Site Recovery for replication. From what i can see in previous forum posts that there is a likelihood of having issues here with this solution. I just wanted to check if this is still the case and to see if there would be any chance that this solution could be supported? The second option i have is Zerto which i believe will work alongside Veeam due to it not requiring snapshots.
mbroaders
Service Provider

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Martin Broaders

Re: Azure Site Recovery compatability

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:56 am

Some issues are expected if activities initiated by both solutions overlap. Otherwise, everything should go smoothly, I believe.

However, as far as I'm concerned, ASR has only periodic type of schedule without possibility to set a backup window. Due to that it would be rather hard to schedule ASR and VB&R jobs the way they do not collide.

Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 1026 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Azure Site Recovery compatability

Veeam Logoby mbroaders » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. Can't seem to find anything in the Microsoft documentation about incompatibilities with other backup products. If there were an issue with Veeam then surely there would be the same issue with DPM/Azure Backup?
mbroaders
Service Provider

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Martin Broaders

Return to VMware vSphere