Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Eiswolf
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Frank Reintke

B&R 10: Unable to connect to guest OS for guest processing. Failed to check fingerprint

Post by Eiswolf »

Case: #04811838
After migrating a Red Hat Linux VM the backup fails with error message:
"Unable to connect to guest OS for guest processing. Failed to check fingerprint
Error: Failed to check fingerprint"

The VM is a Red Hat 7. It was running on a Hyper-V host, which was the Veeam Backup-Server aswell.
It was migrated offline via "VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Client" to a vmware 6.7 host.
Veeam B&R Server is now a VM on said vmware 6.7 host.

The VM was added to an already existing backup job together with a bunch of Windows VMs. Linux credentials are provided for the machine. The Linux VM is the only one the fails and I can't find anything about the fingerprint problem except this: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110
But in my case there is nothing "untrusted" in in inventory.

Someone got any ideas about this?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: B&R 10: Unable to connect to guest OS for guest processing. Failed to check fingerprint

Post by foggy »

Hi Frank, let's see what our engineers can come up with after reviewing the log files - those should tell the exact reason for the failure.
Eiswolf
Novice

Re: B&R 10: Unable to connect to guest OS for guest processing. Failed to check fingerprint

Post by Eiswolf »

I wonder if anyone had time to look into the logs?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Have you received any response from your support engineer? This is not a support forum, so the team behind this community cannot assist you with the debug log investigation. Thanks!
Eiswolf
Novice

Post by Eiswolf » 1 person likes this post

No, I did not.

But in the meantime I found out I was probably looking for untrusted machines in the wrong spot. Backup infrastructure instead of Inventory.

Found the untrusted machine in Inventory, trusted it: Backup is running fine now.