I would like to use Microsoft Failover Cluster with 2 Windows Server 2016 servers to make high availability file servers with shared volume for data.
Here is my architecture:
- 4 ESXi in connection (iSCSI) with HPE StoreVirtual VSA for storage (SDS).
Emergency site (DR):
- 2 ESXi in connection (iSCSI) with a big NAS.
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Backup copy on a remote NAS
My goal :
- The 2 file servers would be on ESXi different from the main site.
- Shared storage of file servers would be on a volume of the HPE StoreVirtual VSA.
- Backup the VMs on the DAS array (through Veeam B&R and StoreOnce VSA) using StoreVirtual VSA Storage Snapshots.
- And also to continually replicate all my VMs to my DR site.
1) Is it possible?
2) Shared storage of file servers can be a VMDK? At first I thought I would use vRDM but apparently Veeam does not support Storage Snapshot on them. No worries with vMotion?
3) How is the backup of the 2 file servers with a shared VMDK? the VMDK is saved 2 times?
4) How is replication done with a shared VMDK?
thank you in advance
Ps : Sorry for my poor english