Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
tmoehle
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Backup proxy becomes unavailable by itself every few weeks

Post by tmoehle »

Hey there,

I'm running a backup proxy on a Ubuntu VM within my VMWare infrastructure and every few weeks, that proxy becomes unavailable and the backup jobs fail. All I do is, I open up the Veeam B&R Console, I go to "Backup Infrastructure" -> "Managed Servers" and right click on that unavailable proxy, go to Properties and hit "Next" a few times until the assistant is done. There are no further errors, this works 100% of the times so far. So, I wonder, what is it that makes my proxy become unavailable and why isn't the software doing this process automatically after it realizes there is something wrong, if this otherwise automated process is able to fix this problem every time without an issue?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2271 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Backup proxy becomes unavailable by itself every few weeks

Post by Mildur »

Hi

Instead of building a new feature just to resolve a technical issue, it would be better to find out why this exactly happens in your environment. I couldn't find other cases similar to your issue in the last 30 days.
Could you please open a support case as required for such technical issues and upload the log files? Please provide the case number so we can follow the case from our side (product management).

Thank you very much.
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
tmoehle
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Re: Backup proxy becomes unavailable by itself every few weeks

Post by tmoehle »

Sure! Here is my case ID: #05607851