calculating backup size

VMware specific discussions

Re: calculating backup size

Veeam Logoby foggy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:41 am

Then you'll have to set the regular backup copy job retention to a minimum value of 2 restore points and specify 2 weekly ones in GFS section. In this case you will have total of 3 fulls (2 weekly, 1 regular) and one increment.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1133 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby barrell » Thu May 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi Guy's

Can someone help me out please, I'm trying to use the tool at http://rps.dewin.me/ to do the following;

Weekly backup on a Sunday only (backup change data only) with 1 restore point. The tool will only let me select "Interval Daily"..

I have reletivly low impact linux box's that do not need daily backups and I canot seem to get the tool to work like this (am I missing something)?

Also if I have a Veeam Backup Proxy running on a Windows VM is it possible to back this up?
barrell
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Lee Barrell

Veeam Logoby foggy » Fri May 26, 2017 4:25 pm

Seems the tools doesn't allow for less frequent backups, but the interval value doesn't affect the space required for the entire backup chain, anyway. You always will have just a single full backup in the repository (not recommended approach, btw, since one day you might find yourself without any valid restore point).

Yes, backup proxy VM can be backed up, though with some limitations.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1133 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Previous

Return to VMware vSphere