Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
SerSunal
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Ser

Can’t mount NFS share for Instant VM Recovery

Post by SerSunal »

I have a vCenter with four hosts. Running an Instant VM Recovery succeeds in mounting the NFS datastore on only two hosts. In the other two it indicates the error Can't mount NFS share. I have done a ping from the Veeam Server to the Esxi vmkernel port and vice versa and in both cases there is connectivity.
What could be the reason why the NFS datastore for IR can be mounted on two hosts and the others cannot?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Can’t mount NFS share for Instant VM Recovery

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi.

We have a KB1284 with manual NFS mount testing procedure. Do check related links at the bottom of the article for more relevant info.
And as anytime facing a technical issue, remember that you can request a support ticket to investigate the case with our support team.

/Thanks!
SerSunal
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Ser

Post by SerSunal »

Currently the Veeam datastore is mounted on two hosts. If I want to add it manually to the other two hosts, it gives an error. Same error when Running from Veeam the IR to one of those two hosts.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Kindly collect the debug logs and provide them within the support case. According to this community rules, posting about technical issues requires an open ticket. Thanks!