Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Pikes
Novice
Liked: never

Cannot access Veeam Plugin from Cloud Director 10.5

Post by Pikes »

Hello, please feel free to shoot this down if already addressed. I could not find a similar post relating to my error.

We have upgraded Cloud Director to 10.5 and both Veeam Enterprise Manager and Veeam Backup and Replication Server to 12 and applied KB4489-veeam_backup_12.0.0.1420_PrivateFix_TF557346 on the VBS as well. We can upload and publish the Veeam plugin to the Cloud Director. However, when we go to More -> Data Protection with Veeam to input the VEM url, we're getting the following error:

Failed to Start
An error occurred during the initialization. Accessing the application through an unsupported public URL or poor connectivity might cause this error.

I don't know if it is an issue from the Cloud Director side or the Veeam side. Did anyone encounter it? Just a note, the only recent change from the Cloud Director side was the upgrade to 10.5

Thanks!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Cannot access Veeam Plugin from Cloud Director 10.5

Post by Mildur »

Hello Pikes

Full compatibility will be provided with our upcoming release Veeam Backup & Replication v12.1 (release is expected till end of 2023).
For V12.0 we have provided a compatibility patch (backup and restore functionalities). The patch you have applied on your backup server. The plugin is not yet available with this compatibility patch.

We have documented this limitation in the kb article for the patch:
https://www.veeam.com/kb4489
Known issue:
Veeam Plug-in for VMware Cloud Director does not support Cloud Director 10.5, even with the compatibility patch installed.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Pikes
Novice

Post by Pikes »

Hello Mildur, thank you for your prompt assistance. Trying my luck, is there a workaround for this? by any chance? :)
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

No, unfortunately you need to wait for v12.1. :)
You can check out the old discussion. We need the new version of VBR to be fully compatible with the changes of vCD 10.5:
vmware-vsphere-f24/support-for-version- ... 87-30.html

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Pikes
Novice

Post by Pikes »

Many thanks for your help.