Cannot connect to the host's administrative share

VMware specific discussions

[MERGED] Cannot connect to the hosts administrative share...

Veeam Logoby Summer2016 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:54 am

Hello. I am using veeam backup for my hyper v and vmware guests, which works finde.
I have one Win 10 client (guest), which is not domain joined, I have problems to get a backup of the machine running (file indexing enabled). I use the local admin credentials. ...

Failed to prepare guest for hot backup. Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [VW10-DL]. Account: [.\locadmin]. Win32 error:Der Netzwerkpfad wurde nicht gefunden. Code: 53 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [192.168.0.123]. Account: [.\locadmin]. Win32 error:Der Netzwerkpfad wurde nicht gefunden. Code: 53 '
Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [VW10-DL]. Account: [.\locadmin]. Win32 error:Der Netzwerkpfad wurde nicht gefunden. Code: 53 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [192.168.0.123]. Account: [.\locadmin]. Win32 error:Der Netzwerkpfad wurde nicht gefunden. Code: 53 '

Do you have any idea for me?
Summer2016
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Marco

Re: Cannot connect to the hosts administrative share.....

Veeam Logoby DGrinev » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:27 pm 1 person likes this post

Hi Marco,

If you don't have direct connection to the backed up VM from the backup server, then one of the reasons could be UAC. It requires built-in local admin account to be used otherwise you will see the error like this.
Please review this thread for additional information and don't hesitate to contact our support team. Thanks!
DGrinev
Veeam Software

Liked: 72 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Cannot connect to the host's administrative share

Veeam Logoby Summer2016 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:44 am

Thank you. This helped !
Summer2016
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Marco

Previous