Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Fegume
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Cannot find suitable proxy for retrieving data from storage snapshot, and the option to failover to backup from VM snaps

Post by Fegume »

Hello I have this error:

Cannot find suitable proxy for retrieving data from storage snapshot, and the option to failover to backup from VM snapshot is disabled

I read the documentation and I have one question. My backup proxy have mode direct strorage access, but the backup proxy is a virtual machine and the Storage HPE 3PAR is Iscsi connectivity.

I read that is necesary install iscsi initiator over virtual machine and the connect to 3PAR, present de LUNS. Is it all correct??

Thanks
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Cannot find suitable proxy for retrieving data from storage snapshot, and the option to failover to backup from VM s

Post by Andreas Neufert »

No, but you need to add the proxy in the iSCSI network so that the proxy can directly communicate with the storage.
Veeam will automatically create 2 host entries for the iSCSI IQNs used and in case of backup or rescan we mount the snapshots to this host entry (the Veeam Proxy server).
Fegume
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Re: Cannot find suitable proxy for retrieving data from storage snapshot, and the option to failover to backup from VM s

Post by Fegume » 1 person likes this post

Thanks!!! It's work now.

initiator connect to Storage ;)